The end of the annual performance evaluation period for the 2018-19 fiscal year occurs on June 30, 2019. To meet the Department’s deadline, employees in established positions are required to have a completed performance evaluation for all, or a portion of, the FY 18-19 rating period by no later than Wednesday, July 31, 2019, except for:
- Career Service employees currently in probationary status; or
- SES and SMS employees appointed to a position between May 2, 2019, and June 30, 2019.
Steps in the performance evaluation process:
- Manager documents the employee’s performance throughout the performance plan period.
- Manager completes the employee’s performance evaluation.
- Second-level manager reviews, adds comments and approves the employee’s performance evaluation by selecting the “Second-Level Review Completed” button twice.
- Manager discusses the performance evaluation with the employee.
- Manager sends the performance evaluation to the employee to acknowledge receipt by selecting the “Send to Employee” button twice
- Employee acknowledges receipt of the performance evaluation by selecting “Yes” in the box, typing the date, and selecting “Acknowledge Receipt” button twice, completing the performance plan process.
NOTE: The evaluation is not completed until the employee acknowledges. Evaluations not completed will be administratively closed and not visible in the system.
Steps in the performance expectations setting process for FY 19-20:
- Manager reviews, updates and creates the employee’s performance expectations.
- Manager discusses the performance expectations with the employee.
- Manager sends the performance expectations to the employee by selecting the “Send to Employee” button twice.
- Employee acknowledges receipt of the performance expectations by selecting “Yes” in the box, typing the date, and selecting “Acknowledge Receipt” button twice, completing the acknowledgment process.